When you put a slice of Kiwi fruit, it tastes like a blend of banana, pineapple, strawberry and apple, isn’t it? This exotic bright green colored fruit is oval shaped and is a favorite to all the salad lovers. This fruit, which has its origin in China has a brown skin and bright green flesh having numerous edible black seeds. Though only a few countries produce this fruit, it has a lot of health benefits.
Here are some interesting facts about Kiwi
- Kiwi fruits are packed with vitamins just like the avocados. While avocados have fat content, kiwi is completely fat-free.
- Kiwi fruits are used mainly in post-workout protein shakes because they are loaded with enzymes that help the protein absorption much needed by the muscles after a workout. Make sure to use it the next time in your health shake.
- Kiwi is also loved by beauty seekers and is used to make Do-it-yourself face They are most sought-after because of the vitamins present in it and is also suitable for exfoliating, nourishing and anti-ageing.
- It was previously called ‘Chinese Gooseberry’.
- The name Kiwi was given to it because of the fruit’s resemblance to the little brown bird ‘kiwi’.
- Male Kiwis are like Casanovas and can fertilize up to 8 female kiwis.
- Pregnant ladies can consume kiwi due to its high folate levels.
- In terms of Lutein content, Kiwis are better than spinach.
- Kiwi fruits will help a person fall asleep quicker when consumed an hour before bedtime.
- Kiwi fruits have thrice the levels of vitamin C than Oranges.
How is Kiwi beneficial to Health?
- It is a good source of dietary fibre and helps in improving the digestive health. It is also good for removing toxins from the colon. It also prevents other gastrointestinal issues.
- It improves the immune functions due to the vitamin C content in it.
- It is helpful in the blood pressure management.
- It is effective in preventing the build-up of plaques, thus protecting the body against any cardiovascular diseases.
- It has anti-cancer properties.
- It is beneficial in the management of diabetes.
- It is good for eye health.
- They maintain the alkaline balance in the body.
- Some of the health benefits of the skin include anti-ageing, maintaining skin firmness, softening of skin, preventing skin degeneration, and in cleansing skin.
- Some of the health benefits of hair include prevention of hair loss and stimulation of hair growth.
Do you Know?
Do you know how to find out whether a kiwi fruit is ripe or not? Here are some tips for picking the right kiwi fruit. From the outside, one can never tell whether a kiwi fruit is ripe or not. Press the outside skin of the fruit using your thumb. Ifit gives to the slight pressure of the thumb, then it is ripe. If not, then it is not yet ripe. Simple, isn’t it?