The shiny, nutty seeds have an earthy aroma and a host of health benefiting properties. It is a food and fiber crop cultivated in cooler regions of the world. It is also known as common flax or linseed. Flax seeds is a great source of fiber, which is beneficial for digestive health and can also help lower cholesterol.
Flax contains powerful antioxidants called lignans, which are phytochemicals (or plant chemicals) that provide many health benefits.
Recipes Using Flax Seeds
Oats Flax Seeds Roti
1/2 cup wheat flour
2 tbsp powdered SIM Organics flax Seeds
1/4 tbsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tbsp Coriander Powder
1/8 tbsp Salt
3 tsp flax seeds for sprinkling
1-2 tbsp oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of flax seeds evenly over it.
- Roll out again.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti on a medium flame using ¼ tsp of oil till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- 2 tbsp SIM Organics Flax Seeds
- 1 cup flavored soya milk
- 1 cup chilled and roughly chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chilled and roughly chopped bananas
- 2 tbsp honey
- Garnish: 2 strawberries and 2 bananas slices
How To Prepare :
- 1 cup bottle gourd, thickly grated
- 1 cup low-fat curd
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tbsp SIM Organics Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp roasted and coarsely ground SIM Organics flax Seeds
- Pinch of salt to taste
How To Prepare :
- Cook bottle gourd with water on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the cooked bottle gourd in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.
- Garnish with Chia Seeds.